I'm available and happy to speak to church groups, classes,
conferences, and the like. I enjoy talking about philosophical theology,
but also sacramental and liturgical theology, postmodernism, moral
theology/philosophy, epistemology, and medieval Christian philosophy.
For a more detailed account of my professional interests, consult my
I have spoken recently on the following topics:
- "No Shadow of Turning: Classical Theism and the Openness of God"
(two lectures), Covenant Worldview Institute (Tokyo, Japan)
- "'Just War' and Christian Ethics," lecture at Calvary Presbyterian
Church (Willow Grove, PA)
- "Premodern, modern, postmodern: philosophy and faith" (4
lectures), Biblical Horizons Conference (Valparaiso, FL)
- "Luigi Giussani's The Risk of Education," International
Institute for Culture (Philadelphia, PA)
- "Did Jesus really rise from the dead?" Communio Forum, La Salle
University (Philadelpiha, PA)
Over the past several years I've also taught courses, led discussions,
and lectured on topics including ethics, the papal encyclical "Fides et Ratio
," liberal arts education, the human person, sacramental theology, various biblical texts, ontology and peace, ecumenism, and virtue epistemology.
I you'd like me to speak at your parish, group, or institution, feel free to contact me and we can try to make arrangements.